Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Roosevelt Lake family trip



I decided it was time to catch up a few things on my blog. First, we went to Roosevelt Lake again the second weekend in August with my sister Shari's family. We had so much fun for the afternoon boating, tubing, and swimming in the lake. The most eventful thing that happened was that Cara was stung by a bee. She set everyone to laughing as she tossed all the Pringles onto the floor of the boat and then proceeded to stomp all over them when she got freaked out from the bee. Tom and I were in the tube and they had just hit the gas when the boat stopped suddenly. I thought, hey! I don't weigh "that" much! lol Turns out it was a bee not me. We ate some yummy food that Shari brought and even did some swimming over near the dam. Kari and Jake found a rope swing hanging from the bridge and spent a good amount of time trying to get the rope up to Jake so he could swing out into the water on it. There were a couple of other boats hanging out over there watching and they all applauded when he finally made it. Here are some pictures ofthe day, and a video clip of Jakes jump.
First pic is Elijah and Amanda on the tube. It was fast and they loved it!
The second is Tom's first jump into the cold water for a swim. The next is Brianna and Cara with their Pringle duck bills. The last one is the gang on the boat as it was coming in to the dock. The family pic at the top was taken in front of Roosevelt Dam, you can see it behind us.
Here is a video of Jake's jump.


4 comments:

Rebecca Talley said...

Great photos--makes me want to go jump right in.

Lori Bottomley said...

Thanks Rebecca! It's been hot enough lately that it's time to go jump in the lake again! lol

Unknown said...

Looks like way too much fun! Thanks for being a part of Mormon Bloggers Speak Out. I'm so delighted to have you on board!

Anonymous said...

Nice photos... I have imagine your vacation trip through them.